Thursday, November 6, 2008

Livin' for the Weekend...The Week in Review (My 25th entry on Blogger!)

I saw Dunkin Doughnuts bag on the ground today and I thought, are they are still around? Dunkin Doughnuts are the worst doughnuts on earth! How do they stay in business? Seriously, if you f*ck up a Blueberry muffin you should not be in business! Simply awful, Krispy Kreme needs to get to my town quick! Bruce Bruce was right, when you see that Hot Now sign come on, you almost cause an accident trying to change lanes to get there!

While awaiting election results, my remote control ADD started acting up and I was flipping channels. BET was covering the election results. Let me repeat that...BET was covering the election results. One word to describe this...embarassing! First of all, I have never seen such a large panel of no-names assembled ever in life (Jeff Johnson with this braids and baby hair edge-up was hosting), Second, they interviewed folks who in my opinion were out of their element (in fairness, CNN interviewed Will.i.Am virtually and I could have cared less what he thought, he sucks anyway!), Third, Why did Toure look like a broke ass Fonzworth Bentley? I think he knew he was going to be on TV, wear a suit and tie and if a hair cut is not in plan, smooth out the naps in the fro dude! His jacket looked like it didnt fit, with one button fastened. Fourth, their electoral map was on a board with pictures tacked on of the candidate and the state they won. I think the board was left over from Walter Chronkite's coverage of the 68' election! Nonetheless entertaining but it makes me wonder, why bother? I would have appreciated it more if they just covered the outcome and Obama's acceptance speech. Harsh huh...

McCain's consession speech was classy, someone made the comment that he isnt as big of an ass afterall. I agree, in 2000 he appeared to be the guy until Bush railroaded him. Only thing, he had to be a douche to get elected and that along with Palin dragging his ticket down it cost him. Well and W played a big role in this as well, but I think we all knew that! His crowd was a bunch of punk ass sore losers! I still dont think he has done enough to quiet their discontent over Obama. I think he will have to do more to address this issue and soon!

During and after the election of Obama, I have seen a couple of Conservatives who have surprisingly approached this positively. William Bennett, former Education Secretary said on CNN during the returns that Obama's election does show that there is and was never a Bradley efffect, it shows that we have made progress in this country but we cannot forget the past transgressions as we move forward into this new chapter. I was floored, the average conservative feels that whenever a black person makes it that automatically means racism is dead and that we need to "get over it" and stop being a "victim". I hate that, I had a friend who would always give me that argument when we debated politics growing up. I wonder if he still feels that way? It's ironic, he is a minority as well but as I would always say to him is that he would be better accepted in those circles than I ever would. Then on the View yesterday Elizabeth Hasselbeck, America's most tortured conservative said that she would support our new President. I about fell out of my chair when I heard that! I think not much more can be said to that but stay tuned!

I am trying hard to avoid as much news as I can at least until the inaugration. They are going to cover, discuss and scrutinize everything Obama does until then. If the man rips a fart, I think Dana Bash from CNN will remote live to discuss smell, loudness factor and collateral damage to the environment and his underwear! Geez, there are other things going on in the world like hoping W doesnt embarass us in his remaining 70+ days in office! We do have 70+ more days to add to the Bush lexicon, maybe he will create or mispronounce a few more words for us. I know a few English teachers have died from his poor grammar and speech.

This week, aside from the election has been a real cluster f*ck! I like (not love) my job, being a problem solver when alot of stuff goes wrong in a short period of time sucks! I think the only blessing is that my night call has been almost non-existant. (I am knocking on wood as I say that) I guess some alcohol consumption is in order...it's Throwdown Thursday and the Real Men Council is meeting...The Real Men (not the ROC Boys) are in the building tonight!! I think that will be a good way to blow off some steam, try to get reoriented and my head back on track at work and HOME! Lately I have been mentally and physically tired... the physical was from treking to San Diego a couple of weeks ago for a conference and you know once you get used to a new time zone, it is time to go back to your time zone. I wasnt dragging as much as I thought I would be, but it did take its toll. Getting back into the flow of work wasnt too bad, I just hate coming back to things that you thought were getting done and they turn out to be still outstanding. The mental has been a combo of work and home, I just come home drained. Then I want to relax knowing I need to continue my academic persuits and trying to keep happiness and peace in a long distance relationship is tough. Lately, we have been seeing each other quite often, alot due to football season but it is hard. I knew it would be, but sometimes it gets me down a bit. I am used to having my gf around (for better or for worse) but having someone there is always the more preferred option. But whatever it's worth, living here a long distance is better than being single in alot of respects.

San Diego was a great town, lots to do although I didnt feel like I had alot of time (the conference was jam packed and I had to present a poster) and my hotel was near nothing. I did meet some cool folks from other organizations and schools and the networking was awesome! And what is a conference without great swag! I got lots of pens, bags and a coffee cup that I have been rocking hard!

The Gaslamp district is where it's at, just bring alot of money because it is an expensive town! Lots of great restaurants but you will pay a grip for some grub! I would like to go back, the weather was great and I went off-peak so that was a plus. I would designate San Diego a good getaway to escape the fall or winter blahs, if just for a moment. Traveling has me thinking more about where I want to go in 2009. Hell, I wish i could go to Vegas early next year! Maybe a couple (or three) vacations may be in order in 09!

Thanks for hitting me up, i'll holla! Class dismissed...

No comments: