Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dial 'O': Change is here!


Today I arose from bed, went through my morning routine as usual. It seemed like another ordinary day, the difference is that yesterday America stood up and elected Barack Obama as the 44th President of the United States and the FIRST African-American to hold that office. Honestly, I am filled with so many emotions right now that it is hard for me to express how this moment makes me feel. Naturally I am proud, proud that America despite it's past has chosen its leader based on his promise and ability to lead. I am grateful to be alive for this moment, that my parents are still here and many of those who never thought this day would ever come.

What's next? President-Elect Obama has monumental challenges and lots of promises to keep. He also bears the weight of many as he enters the highest office. How did we get here? Faith is how we got here, the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. We hoped, dreamed and prayed for this event and for this man. That should not stop today since he has been elected, it must continue from ALL of us! Together we said Yes We Can and We DID, now as our new President stated last night, the real work begins for ALL Americans, we must come together for as another great President from Illinois stated, a house divided against itself CANNOT stand!It's time to reach out and restore the hope, promise and reputation of our country. We dialed 'O' for change...get ready and stay prayed up for our new prez!






1 comment:

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

YEAH!!

Well when I woke up nothing seemed normal. The color were brighter, the air crisper, my spirts higher.

GOBAMA!

-OG