Saturday, January 30, 2010

Where in the world is Gerardo?

A new feature from the Prof digging up and getting all in the business of all those whose 5 minutes of fame expired about 20 years ago or more. While watching VH1 and reminiscing over classic R&B videos, I jokingly asked my fiance what the hell happened to Gerardo? I got up and did his dance and had a great laugh! The only difference between my dance and his is that I wasn't wearing ultra tight jeans and pointy toe cowboy boots. I guess there was a reason he danced like he did, he couldn't move in his jeans and his feet hurt! You remember the song and the dance! If not, get you ass up and move with Gerardo, you know you want to! LOL!!


Where is he now? According to WikiPedia he is still in the business as an A&R man for Interscope. Some of his more notable signings include Enrique Inglesias and Bubba Sparxx. Wow, still contributing to the industry after all these years? I wonder where the tight jeans are? Probably in a trophy case in his den! Today I salute Gerardo, the man once known as the Latin Frank Sinatra. Good to see you are doing well after leaving us such timeless music during your short run in the spotlight!

No comments: